For the Kringle’s, there is no better part of Thanksgiving, turkey aside, than the dressing. Since I’m a dressing snob, I make it myself and there is truly nothing like it! Learn how to make it in the tutorial below:
You can use whatever bread you have on hand. Hawaiian and sourdough are our faves but as you’ll see in the video, you can truly use anything you have on hand!
Make sure to subscribe to the YouTube channel and turn on notifications (click the bell under the video) to get notified when new videos go live!
- 20 oz bread(s) of your choice (I used light bread, sweet bread and hot dog buns so truly…your choice)
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups Chicken or Turkey Broth (I used low sodium)
- 1 cup onions, diced and caramelized
- 1 large stalk celery, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional, if you’re using low sodium broth)
- Set oven to 300 degrees.
- Cut all bread into cubes, spread evenly on cookie sheet and toast for 10 minutes. Flip bread over and bake for 5 minute intervals until bread is dry like a crouton. Allow to cool completely before bagging. (This can be done ahead of time so you've got one step completed!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add herbs/spices, caramelized onions (learn how to make them here: https://youtu.be/rJjITmFgSEQ), carrots, celery and egg. Toss to coat.
- Add broth according to video specs and toss again.
- Generously spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray so the dressing doesn't stick and evenly spread it into the pan. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- When you have full attention available, turn broiler on LOW, remove foil, turn on oven light and bake at 1 minute intervals until desired crusty top is achieved. Do not over broil.