If you’re looking for an amazing low carb version of spaghetti natural, this one will have everyone asking for seconds! Learn how to get delicious, healthy spaghetti squash in minutes in the microwave!
If you’re like me and need a little more “real” spaghetti feel, watch the video to find out how to solve that problem!
Subscribe to the YouTube channel and click the bell under the video to be notified when new videos go live from Mrs Kringle’s Kitchen!
A delicious low carb dish that can be used in place of traditional spaghetti or as a side!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 head garlic, roasted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 ounce hard cheese (asiago, parmesan)
- Spices to taste
- Using a corn cob holder, poke a row of 6 holes across the squash. Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Using a small sharp knife, carefully pierce the steam holes to make larger steam vents for the rest of the cooking process.
- Microwave 3-6 more minutes until the skin has a slight give. Do not overcook.
- Using a paper towel and sharp knife, cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- With a fork, scoop the strands away from the wall of the squash to make "spaghetti."
- Drizzle 1-2 tbsp olive oil over the top and toss to coat.
- Add one bulb of roasted garlic (see video for link) and spices; toss.
- Shave your favorite hard cheese over the top. Can be served as a main dish or side.
Linked up with Tater Tots and Jello,