When a trip to wine country a few years ago had Mr Kringle stepping out of his culinary comfort zone, he ordered Huevos Rancheros. The bliss that overtook him was immediate and I knew that it would fall upon me to recreate this dish at home. Thankfully the first time I made them, he said I knocked it out of the park. In this video, I’ll share that home run with you for a healthy, fast way to start your day with a fiesta in your belly!
Make sure you subscribe to the YouTube channel and click the bell to be notified when new videos go live every Thursday!
- 2 eggs
- 2 small white or yellow corn tortillas
- 2 tbsp red pepper hummus or 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp salsa of your choice (I used tomatillo and mango salsa from Trader Joe's)
- 2 tbsp scallions, chopped
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a medium heat skillet, warm the tortillas until they are just pliable. (There should be very little browning or else they will get hard.)
- Spread 1 tbsp of hummus (or beans) on each tortilla.
- Layer spinach over hummus or beans.
- Prepare eggs over easy* if you like runny yolks or whatever way you prefer your eggs.
- Place egg on top of tortilla.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of salsa over each egg and top with scallions.
*- For the perfect eggs for this dish, make sure you see my No Flip Over Easy Eggs video!