Sometimes you want a side dish that will fill you up and satisfy that sweet tooth. These Sweet Potato Banana Croquettes are a sweet, tasty addition to your plate no matter what time of day. If you slightly under cook it, It can taste like sweet potato casserole and if you cook it longer, it tastes like banana bread but no flour!
Don’t forget to subscribe and click the bell to be notified when new videos go live every Thursday!
- 12-14 oz sweet potato
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Corn cob holders or fork
- Paring knife
- Medium bowl
- Ice cream scoop (optional)
- We’re going to microwave the sweet potato so poke several holes into it to allow steam to escape while baking.
- Microwave the sweet potato for 6 minutes.
- In a bowl, break up your ripe banana and begin mashing it until there are no chunks.
- When the sweet potato is done, carefully cut the skin lengthwise and open it allowing it cool for about 2 minutes.
- Scoop the flesh of the sweet potato out and put it into the bowl.
- Begin mashing the banana and sweet potato together until both ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Stir in about 1 tsp of your favorite honey to add to the mash or you can drizzle it on at the end if you prefer.
- Now add a few shakes of cinnamon and mix to combine.
- I like to use an ice cream scoop to give consistency in size.
- Give a skillet a coating of cooking spray or melt a pat of butter if you prefer.
- Put a scoop of the mash into the skillet and give a little press to spread out the bottom as they
- 3-4 minutes after the last scoop is in the pan, flip the first croquette over and lightly press it down and in 3 minutes they should be ready to go.
- A softer consistency tastes like casserole, a harder consistency tastes like banana bread without the flour!
Linked up with Between Naps on the Porch