I love using smoked salt. Matter of fact, I probably use smoked salt more than regular salt at this point because there’s nothing that will give your steaks, chicken, potatoes a proper kick in the tush than smoked salt. But gourmet smoked salts can get expensive after a while. I’m going to show you how to make your own at home to save money or you can gift them to the favorite foodie in your life!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the You Tube channel and click the bell to be notified when new videos go live!
- An airtight container to put it in
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- I like to fill the container I’m using with the sea salt as the measurement and pour that into the bowl. Make sure to add an extra tablespoon or two to account for shrinkage.
- Pour the liquid smoke into the salt a few drops at a time and stir until combined.
- Repeat this process a few drops at a time to make sure the salt doesn’t start dissolving. When it’s at the smoke level you want, it’s time to move it into the kitchen.
- Line a cookie sheet with either a silicone mat or parchment paper and spread the salt onto the sheet. (Make sure you separate it as much as possible on the cookie sheet.)
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Use a spatula or spoon to give the salt a mix to make sure it doesn’t harden into clumps.
- Put it back in the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before adding to container.