Egg in a basket, toad in a hole (um, eww)…no matter what you call it, I call it a quick, delicious breakfast! This is one that the kiddos will love too. Nice, crispy grilled bread, a creamy perfectly seasoned egg, smoky bacon and a slight bite from asiago cheese. It’s the perfect was to kick off your day! See the video and/or full recipe below!
If you like this recipe and would like to be notified when new recipes are posted, you can subscribe to the YouTube channel or have the recipe delivered to your email box by subscribing here in the upper right corner.
- 1 slice bread
- 1 egg
- 1 slice bacon
- 1-2 tbsp Asiago (or cheese of your choice)
- In a medium heat skillet, fry bacon to your preferred doneness and keep the grease in the skillet.
- Using a glass with a small to medium mouth, place it in the center of the slice of bread and gently twist from side to side to remove it.
- Place bread slice in skillet.
- Crack egg into hole in bread slice and allow egg to set on the skillet side after seasoning.
- Spray with a bit of cooking spray then give a quick flip.
- Turn off the heat and dress it with the bacon and cheese and cover with a lid to allow the cheese to melt.
Looking for other breakfast ideas? Visit my breakfast playlist and make a delicious start to your day!