Home fries are little chunks of delicious on your breakfast plate. A nice, crispy outside and pillowy soft inside are the perfect compliment to bacon and eggs. My Chipotle Home Fries are not only a notch above on the flavor scale with the smoky kick of chipotle but are a visual treat since I use purple passion potatoes. These adorable little potatoes are available at most grocery stores, usually on an end where most potatoes are found.
These potatoes will become your new favorite breakfast side! For more ideas of what to pair them with, see the video description.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the channel and click the bell to be notified when new videos are live!
- 1/2 bag purple passion potatoes
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Chipotle powder
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Large bowl
- Sheet pan
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cut all potatoes into four pieces by cutting the potato in half and then cutting that half in half and place in a large bowl.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil over the top and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle chipotle powder to taste over the top, a pinch of salt and pepper.
- If you'd like, give a squirt of cooking spray on the roasting pan.
- Lay out potatoes so they aren't touching and can cook evenly.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes and move potatoes so they don't stick.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes longer. Give the potatoes another flip.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes or until desired outside texture is achieved.
- Can be served immediately or held in a 200 degree oven until other breakfast components are ready.